Cumberland University: Reopening Welcome Video after COVID
Video | Strategy
COVID made back-to-school uncharted territory for everyone. This year, there’s a heightened need to inform students on updated safety guidelines while still encouraging community on campus. We helped Cumberland University create a video to welcome their students back for the Fall semester. There’s no better person to deliver that message than President of the university, Dr. Stumb.
Embracing challenges and turning them into opportunities is what being a Phoenix is all about. This year will require us to come together as a community with creativity, agility and determination.We will adapt. We will have compassion. We will help protect our community. We will rise above the challenges. It's time to rise, together.
Posted by Cumberland University on Monday, August 10, 2020
- Inform students of new rules to ensure their safety
- Our team captured shots of hand sanitizing stations and spaced-out desks in classrooms that played during Dr. Stumb’s voiceover. We also created straightforward motion graphics that displayed four rules that students and faculty should adopt as they return to campus.
- Introduce mobile app to track COVID symptoms
- Within the four rules motion graphic, we included the mobile app that students were advised to download and use before arriving on campus, daily.
- Lead by example to show students how to engage on campus
- We infused footage of faculty and students practicing social distancing on campus to strengthen the familiarity of the “new” campus atmosphere.
- Encourage students that we will get through these hard times together
- While Dr. Stumb reiterated the concept of the phoenix, Cumberland University’s mascot, and provided encouraging words, our team displayed shots around Cumberland University’s campus. These shots included an aerial view of the university and familiar spots around campus to reinforce President Stumb’s message.
When we sent this video to the CU team, they loved the way an atypical campus announcement could be transformed into one last piece of encouragement before the university welcomed students back for another semester.
Once this video was published, Cumberland University received positive comments across social platforms. Comments were from hopeful students returning from an extended summer break and parents and faculty encouraging students to have a great year. Faculty and CU students adore Dr. Stumb, and his kind words of encouragement and love for Cumberland University shone through.
With a few vital pieces of content, our team created a simple video that communicated clear instructions on a complex subject. There were three vital parts: A heartfelt message from President Stumb, light and bright footage, and clear directions for returning students and faculty. With this, the Parachute team was able to create this one of a kind welcome back video!