TIKTOK VIDEOS SHOULDN’T BE EXCLUSIVE TO TIKTOK. LEARN HOW TO ADD VALUE TO YOUR BRAND BY REPURPOSING YOUR HIGH-PERFORMING CONTENT FOR ALL SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNELS.
High-performing TikTok content shouldn’t be limited to only one social platform. Creating truly engaging content includes repurposing content for a variety of channels. Keeping this in mind saves your brand both time and money- something we could all use a little more of! Read on to learn how to create high-performing video content that can be used on TikTok and repurposed for other social channels.
Set the Stage for Your TikTok Content
A few quick reminders about TikTok before we dive in:
- Understand the importance of audio and the difference between the For You Page and Following feeds. (Hint: What is TikTok?)
- Familiar yourself with the lingo of the app and see how other brands are using it.
- Learn about the algorithm and how your authority score affects video performance.
- Review these checklists to create and implement a TikTok strategy for your brand.
“Since people consume content differently, it’s important to be able to create platform-specific videos. It maximizes your creative budget by speaking to as many people as possible in the ways they want to be spoken to.” – Adam Fricke, Creative Producer
How to Create High-Performing Videos for TikTok (and even your other social channels!)
Why limit the success of your video content to only one platform? Planning and producing video content (even if it’s for TikTok and not the big screen) can take a lot of time. That’s why we prioritize longevity when creating brand video assets to add additional value for our clients. Our creative producer says, “Since people consume content differently, it’s important to be able to create platform-specific videos. It maximizes your creative budget by speaking to as many people as possible in the ways they want to be spoken to.”
Four Tips for Creating Video Content:
- Keep various aspect ratios in mind while filming. Like we mentioned earlier, 9:16 is ideal for TikTok, but that is not the case for all social platforms. Think through your filming process to optimize video assets for all channels.
- And don’t forget that 9:16 ratio is perfect for Instagram Stories! Don’t be afraid to make an Instagram Story Highlight all about TikTok. 😉
- Create a checklist for all the channels you would like to use your content. This will help you during the entire production process.
- Here’s a list to get you started: TikTok, Instagram, IGTV, Instagram Stories, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube. Read more about getting the most out of your creative assets here.
- Share your trending TikTok content on other social channels. As we all know, trends and memes on one social platform slowly start to make their way to other channels. For example, even if you have never downloaded the TikTok app, you have probably seen TikTok videos posted on Instagram or Facebook.
- Create a montage video to share on other social channels. Use short clips from your TikTok videos to create long-form content that can promote your TikTok on other channels, benefitting both channels at the same time.
- Quick tip: Is your brand eligible for In-Stream Ads on Facebook? If so, combine all of your TikTok videos to create a 3-minute TikTok recap! In-Stream Ads are an easy and effective way to bring in revenue by repurposing content you already have.
Implementing these tips will help you make the most of your creative budget and video projects while increasing the array of content that is found on your social channels.