We are currently hiring for this position! Please send your resume and examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Parachute Media is a creative agency with a high emphasis on social media. We are visual storytellers that connect the dots between a brand’s soul and the behaviors of online consumers. We strive to have our clients view us as their in-house team rather than a distant, third-party agency.
We are looking for a seasoned editor to collaborate with our growing creative team in a fast-paced environment. Our video ranges from short-form doc to snappy commercials to quick-paced social media cuts.
As part of our team, you will be a true collaborator. Our editors are involved in projects from start to finish providing ideas and insights to help take the project to the next level. We help our clients and each other solve creative puzzles to push boundaries and make a difference.
If you love storytelling, animals and get excited about finding the perfect cut, send us your resume and portfolio to email@example.com.
- You have an in-depth understanding of how video content is consumed on social media platforms
- You are detail-oriented and can meet deadlines
- You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- You have experience working on multiple video projects at once
- You can articulate the strategic reasoning behind your editing choices to your team and the client
- Collaborate with the creative director, creative team, and project managers on assets needed for various clients and campaigns
- Prep assets for video
- Source and implement stock footage as needed
- Creatively and effectively edit video, graphics, and sound design
- Compositing and 3D work in After Effects
- Perform color correction
- Export video into various sizes and formats for different social media platforms
- Serve as an assistant on video production shoots as needed
- Stay up to date with the latest trends and best practices on social media
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in film/video, animation, or related (or equivalent experience)
- 3-5 years of experience editing video
- Advances knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition, etc.
- Understand current media and deliverable file types
- Intense interest in social media principles and applications
- Eye for visual design principles
- Ability to wear multiple hats and solve problems quickly under tight deadlines
- Ability to stay organized and efficient in a fast-paced work environment
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- 401K with employer matching
The Real Benefits:
- Pet bereavement
- Free Uber and Lyft rides with our company account
- Extensive PTO
- Summer Fridays
- The occasional 2 p.m. on a Tuesday beer
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Parachute Media strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.